Mediterranean Fusilli Salad
I love a nice light pasta salad. If it is covered in dressing, or tastes mostly of mayo I am out. I do not want that in my mouth. This pasta salad features all of my favorite Mediterranean flavors, without requiring any fatty or heavy sauces. It is fresh and as light as pasta salad can be.
Don’t be too shy with the olive oil! The oil gives the salad a good texture, flavor and keeps the noodles from getting dry. You also can’t go too heavy on the feta, in my opinion. Serve this along side some fresh hummus with warm pita bread to feel like you’re dining in Greece!
- 1 box fusilli pasta
- 1 cucumber, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- grape tomatoes, halved
- kalamata olives, drained, pitted, halved
- artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- feta cheese
- olive oil
- dried or fresh basil
- dried or fresh oregano
- Begin by cooking fusilli, following the instructions on the box. I prefer my pasta to be fully cooked, not al dente, when I am making pasta salad - I may even over cook it a little bit. After cooking, remove pasta from pot and place in a bowl to cool.
- Next, slice cucumber, red onion, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, and artichoke hearts.
- Add to pasta along with feta cheese, and mix.
- Season with olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano to taste. I like to really load the bowl up with both olive oil and spices.
Want more from me, The Fashionable Foodie? Follow me on Instagram @the_fashionablefoodie or on other social media sites via the buttons below!