Best Fresh & Fruity Top-Shelf Margaritas
Although in my mind EVERY day is National Margarita Day, the proper date to celebrate this fun, festive cocktail is closing in on us this week, and I will certainly be celebrating.
This recipe for super fresh margaritas gets made A LOT in my house. It is fairly simple to keep the ingredients on hand, and shaking up a little tequila is one of my favorite ways to enjoy a Friday night.
When it comes to a good margarita, I like to avoid using any mix and go straight for the fresh fruit. I am also not one for a salted rim, but if you are, check out this article from The Kitchn about how to do it up right. To double or triple this recipe, just do a little math.
Prep Time = less than 5 minutes / Active Time = less than 5 minutes / Yield = 2 cocktails
- 3 ounces El Jimador Blanco Tequila
- 1 ounce organic agave nectar
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 orange or tangerine
- kosher salt (optional)
- After rolling on the counter to increase juice flow, slice 1 lime, 1 lemon, and 1 orange or tangerine in half. Juice one-half of each fruit, setting aside the other half for your next cocktail (wink, wink).
- Into the basin of an empty shaker, pour tequila, agave nectar, Cointreau, and fruit juices.
- Top with ice and shake until the lid of the shaker is frosted.
- Pour over ice into lowball glass with a salted rim (optional).
I hope you're crazy about this recipe! If you are (or if you aren't), let me know in the comments below!