Valentine's Day is coming (Bom Bom Bom!!!), and you many be searching for the perfect, simple dessert for two. If you are, stop searching, and go out and buy the ingredients for this tasty bread pudding now.
This super simple dessert is sweet, fruity, and filled with little pops of red berries for your romantic evening. Uncork a bottle of wine, light some candles, and pull two perfect ramekins overflowing with sweet goodness from the oven. You're ready to slay this Valentine's Day.
The best part? You can get these treats in the oven in about 10 minutes, then go about enjoying your evening. If you're making dinner at home, or going out for a meal and returning home for drinks and dessert, this recipe for Strawberry Banana Bread Pudding is so easy anyone can handle it.
Prep Time = 10 minutes / Cook Time = 30 minutes / Total Time = 40 minutes
- 3 slices fresh bread
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 fresh banana, sliced, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a knife with a serrated blade, slice the bread into small cubes. Slice a handful of fresh strawberries and 1 fresh banana into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the bread, chocolate, strawberries, and banana to the mixture. Mix well until all bread pieces are coated in the mixture.
- Grease two small ramekins and divide the mixture evenly between them.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and baking in the oven for around 30 minutes.
- Serve fresh from the oven.
Love this recipe? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!